Friday, February 25, 2011

Hero

"LETS GO TO THE ZOO!" Elizabeth smiled. We were trying to figure out what to do.
"Ew! Why?" I snorted.
"Because The zoo is filled with a bunch of cute animals! And I havent been there since I was little!" Elizabeth replied.
"No. Some of the animals are cute but the rest are just Smelly, Gross, and annoying!" I rolled my eye's.
"Then what are we going to do?" Elizabeth asked. I shrugged as I took a Cream Soda out of the fridge.
"Come on! Can we please go to the zoo!" Elizabeth begged. I sighed.
"FINE!" I hissed and drank my cream soda.
"YAY! I'm going to go get ready!" Elizabeth said happily and rushed upstairs to her room.

I rolled my eye's and went up stairs to change my clothes.
It actually felt good out today, which means I get to where SHORTS!
I wore shorts, a white and grey aeropostale shirt, and grey flip flops.

I walked back downstairs.
Elizabeth was already ready!

"What are you doing?" I asked her.
"I'm making Lunch for us!" She said as she made sandwhiches.
"Why?" I asked.
"Because I figured we could eat lunch at the Zoo!" Elizabeth smiled. She was a little too happy about going to the Zoo!
"Ew! I dont want to eat at the zoo!" I groaned.
"Too bad! Because we are! And if you dont want to eat there then I will feed YOUR food to the animals!" Elizabeth laughed. She took out a container from the fridge. It had a steak in it.
"Its leftovers from going out to eat last night" Elizabeth shrugged and put the Steak in the Picnik Basket.

"Ready?" Elizabeth asked.
"I guess so" I mumbled and we headed to the Zoo.


"PENGUINS!" Elizabeth squealed like a little kid. Then she made me run with her over to the Penguins.
"Man, It stinks over here!" I groaned as I covered my nose.
Elizabeth didnt even hear me because she was too obsorbed with the Penguins at the Zoo!

"Can we eat now?" I asked. My stomach was growling.
"Sure!" Elizabeth smiled and then we walked over to the Lunch tables.

"Do you want the steak?" Elizabeth asked me. I nodded my head and grabbed it.

"AHHHH!!!!" Lots of people screamed right before I was getting ready to take a bite out of my steak.
"Whats happening?" Elizabeth asked. I shrugged. Then Elizabeth and I followed where we heard the scream coming from.

A bunch of people were running around and screaming.
I stopped one of the Zoo workers.

"Whats going on?" I asked.
"Well it seems like one of our animals have gotten out- a Lion." The worker said and then raced over to the screaming people.
Elizabeth and I looked at eachother with big wide eye's.

"HELP! HELP!" I heard a little voice scream.
I turned around. THE LION WAS RIGHT THERE!

The Lion was growling and walking around a bunch of people.
Then the Lion jumped on a LITTLE BOY!

"AHHHH!" The little boy screamed.
"SOMEONE HELP MY KID!" A lady screamed, it was the boys mom.
The Lion was licking its lips, probally getting ready to kill the little kid.

Then the lion light scratched the kids forehead.
Blood starting oozing out of the boys forehead.

"Is there any workers around?!" Elizabeth asked, annoyed.
Then I realized something!

"I'll be right back!" I told Elizabeth and ran over to our Picnik table. I grabbed the Steak and ran back to where the Lion was.

"What are you doing!?" Elizabeth shouted at me when she saw the Steak.
"Dont worry!" I screamed.
"One of my sisters is already in the hospital! I dont want the other one to be when she gets attacked by that LION!" She screamed at me.
I ignored her and walked closer to the Lion.

"Hey Lion!" I tried to get its attention.
It wasnt working! The Lion was still on top of the boy getting ready to kill him.

I had to think quick!
I grabbed my grey flip flop and threw it at the Lion.

"ROAR!" The Lion growled and turned towards me. The boy jumped up and ran to his mom.

"Here you go!" I waved the Steak around for the Lion to see.
Then I threw it towards the Lions Cage. It landed right in the Cage!
The Lion went running after it.

Then the Zoo workers shut The Lion in its Cage.
I sighed.
THANK GOD!

Everyone cheered and came running up to me.
They picked me up and asked me my name.
"Rebecca!" I smiled.
"REBECCA! REBECCA! REBECCA!" They chanted.

Then they sat me down.
The Zoo workers came up to me.
"You are one BRAVE girl!" A women with Red hair said. And everyone agreed
"Thanks!" I told them.

The little boy who was attacked my the lion came running up to me.
"Thwank ywou! Swo Mwuch!" The boy smiled. He must have been only about 4 years old, He still had that little baby voice.

"Your welcome!" I told him.
"Whats ywour Nwame?" The little boy asked me.
"Rebecca" I replied.
"Rwebecca!" The boy cheered. He must have a problem at pronouncing his R's!
"Whats your name?" I asked him.
"Thomas!" The boy giggled.

Then I saw Thomas's Mom walking up to me.
"Thank you for saving my son! I dont know what I would have done if you hadnt have saved him!" The mom smiled.
"Well, Your welcome! I'm just happy I could help instead of just staring or running around like a chicken like all those other people were doing" I laughed.
"That was VERY nice of you! You dont know how much I appreciate it!" The mom smiled.
"Oh its nothing!" I told her.
"Oh it is! Your a HERO!" The mom smiled and hugged me.

"YWOUR MY HWERO!" The boy shouted and hugged me.

~Rebecca

3 comments:

  1. Your an amazing girl, Rebecca. Who would know?
    k a r m a <3333

    Lia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Rebecca <3
    your swuch a sweet heart ;3

    **Prudence..**

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah U always care about others!!!! that is an awesome thing. what a BRIGHT idea about the steak!

    ReplyDelete