Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Background Dancer

-CONTINUED FROM LAST POST! Sorry it took me so long to post this XD -

I rushed into Mrs. Carols Drama Room, Ally was right behind me. Mostly because I was pulling her at her wrist!

"MRS. CAROL! I need to talk to YOU!" I snapped as I walked fast towards her.
"Um..Okay Rebecca!" Mrs. Carol smiled her BIG (kinda fake) smile! I probally only thought it was fake cause I was mad at her.

"Why did you pick DIANA for the role of Maria?" I demanded to know.
"I thought she did really good at auditions.." Mrs. Carol looked at me with her big green eyes.
"And you thought I didnt do good?" I asked.
"I never said that!" Mrs. Carol shook her head.
"Well then why didnt you pick her?" Ally got into our conversation, her hands were on her hips.

"Ah..Miss Nichols I dont think this is any of your business, and Miss Rubin, I have to give EVERYBODY a chance! Yes, you were the best person to audition BUT this school, and especially this drama club, expresses everybody's talents! We have to let everybody have a chance for the role!" Mrs. Carol seemed to had had this speech all ready before I got here! She MUST have known I was going to come and make a big deal out of this.

I looked at Ally, who looked really mad at Mrs. Carole because she told her it wasnt her business.
Then I looked at Mrs. Carol, with her big green eyes, curly bleach blonde hair, and perfectly manicured nails.

I sighed, I guess Maria's backup isnt THAT bad. Its still pretty bad, but not that bad. And plus if something happend to Diana, then I would get to be Maria!

"Alright! But what do I do for the play, since I'm just a BACKUP!" I kinda hissed a little, and then looked at my nails.
"Well you could help with the sound effects, you can help make the props, you could be a background dancer during the cast song. You have endless choices!" Mrs. Carol said cheerfully.
Endless choices? YEAH RIGHT!

"Hmm..I'm not good with electronics so that means sound effects is out! I'm not very artistic, so help making the props is out! Well I guess I could be a background dancer! I'm great at dancing!" I smiled, even though it was fake.
"YAY! Now give me a hug!" Mrs. Carol smiled and put her arms out for a hug.
Ally and me hugged her, we both had a hatefull face.

~Rebecca

1 comment: