Friday, May 27, 2011

Sound Effects....

I sat down in one of the bleachers in the auditorium, where we were practicing the play, and where the graduation was going to be at.
Ally sat right next to me, and some boy that I've never actually talked to sat on the other side of me.

"Good afternoon class!" Mrs. Carol said from on the stage.
"Good afternoon Mrs. Carol!" We shouted. I mumbled it, because I was still pretty ticked off at mrs. Carol!
"Our play will be held on June 8th! Because starting June 9th the school is starting to practice for the 6th grade graduation and they need to use the auditorium!" Mrs. Carol looked dissapointed.
"That means we only have about a week and a half to practice!" Ally frowned at that.

"Exactly! Well, Lets get started, I would like Joey and Diana to come on stage please." Mrs. Carol comanded, Joey had the part of Tony, and of course Diana had the part of Maria.
"I want you to practice singing in front of an audience, even if its only a couple of people" Mrs. Carol smiled at them.
"Oh and can the sound effects people come up to the stage, oh and Rebecca!" Mrs. Carol said. I looked shocked, and then I stood up and followed the sound effects people to the stage.

"Rebecca I was hoping that you would help with the sound effects" Mrs. Carol crossed her fingers, smiling. I frowned. Some people gasped, probally thinking that It was surprising that I didnt have a part in the play!
"But I thought I was going to be a background dancer!" I pouted and put my hands to my hips.

"Yes you are, but since being a background dancer is a little part, I was hoping you could help with the Sound Effects" Mrs. Carol anounced.
"I'm not even good with electronics!" I fake cried.
"Mason and Miley will help you with it!" Mrs. Carol pointed to two people, a boy and girl, they didnt look thrilled that they had to help me.
"B-b-ut..." I tried to protest.
"No buts, if you want to be a part of this play, you will help with the Sound Effects!" Mrs. Carol demanded.
"Ugh Fine!" I snapped and followed the sound effects crew to the back of the stage.
THIS SUCKS!

"Hi I'm Miley and this is Mason" A blonde haired girl pointed to a blonde haired boy.
"And let me guess, your twins?" I asked. They nodded.
"Were the people that are suppost to teach you the sound effects. Were head of the sound effects crew!" Mason smiled proudly.
"Your parents must be SO PROUD!" I said sarcastically.
"Very.." They said together knowing that I said it sarcastically but didnt care.

I rolled my eyes and looked out of the curtain to see Joey and Diana singing.

I sighed as I wished I was in Diana's place....


~Rebecca

2 comments: