Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Play

I walked into the doors of the Drama room at AGPPA. Ally was at my side (some of you new people that read my blog probally dont know who Ally is! Well she's my BFF, besides Becca)

The reason why I havent been talking about Ally much is because her mom lost her Job and couldnt pay the morgage for there House. So Ally and her younger sister Mia had to go live with her aunt and uncle in Texas, while her mom found a job and was able to get there house back!
Her mom got there house back a week ago and Ally had been back at school this week!

I sat down in one of the seats in Drama Class.
Drama was one of the classes that Becca wasnt in with me, since they wouldnt let her join Drama late in the year!

"Good afternoon my lovely actors and actresses!" Mrs. Carol, our Drama teacher, smiled at us all. Mrs. Carol let us call her by her first name (which is Carol) since she thought that people should refer to her as her name, her first name!
I just thought it was because her and her husband were having problems and she just never wanted us to call her by HIS last name! But whatever...

"I have some VERY exciting news to tell you!" Mrs. Carol got out from behind her desk and walked to the middle of the room.
"What?" Everyone asked excitedly
"In a week or a week in a half we will be doing a play, our final play for the year" Mrs. Carole anounced. Everyone looked at eachother smiling because we were doing another play before the end of the school year.

"What play?" A girl named Macey said.
"It will be.....WEST SIDE STORY!" Mrs. Carol smiled from ear to ear.
"OMG! I love that movie!" I told Ally.
"Me too! But I've never seen the play..." Ally shrugged. I nodded my head because I had never seen the play either.

"For some of you who dont know what West Side story is, it is a musical about the rivalry between the Jets and the Sharks, two teenage street gangs of different ethnic backgrounds. The members of the Sharks from Puerto Rico are taunted by the Jets, a white working-class group. The young protagonist, Tony, one of the Jets, falls in love with Maria, the sister of Bernardo, the leader of the Sharks!" Mrs. Carole drifted away talking as if she was Maria, the girl that Tony falls in love with.

"Sooo...its like Romeo and Juliet?!" A boy named Lance said.
"Yes Lance! I'm happy you pointed that out!" Mrs. Carol smiled at him, coming back to reality.
"When is auditions?" I asked, I was practically on the edge of my seat! This was going to be wonderful! Of course I would try out as the role of Maria!

"Auditions will be held on Monday! So you have all the rest of the week and the weekend to work on the roles your trying out for! We'll try to use everyone of you in the play BUT if we cant, you will be able to help with the music and lighting, ect." Mrs. Carol explained to the students.
Everyone started talking about the Play and which roles they would be trying out for!

"Settle down! I havent even told you the best part yet!" Mrs. Carol laughed.
"Theres more good news!" A girl named Bridget smiled.
"Yep! There will be 2 broadway producers and 1 choreagrapher there watching you all strut your stuff at the play!" Mrs. Carol shouted.

My mouth dropped and everyone started screaming and smiling, and talking.
"OMG!" was all I could say.
This was like my DREAM!
To be discovered by broadway producers and choreographers!
Could this be the thing that gets me discovered!?

Maybe.......


~Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. omg!!!!!! i hope you get discovered! and i hope you get the part!!!!! :)

    -laniecaitlyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete