Friday, December 10, 2010

Decorating

Okay well In this Post I will be writing about The Sign Up for the Winter Dance (the sign ups were last Friday.) and then I will talk about decorating the Winter Dance last! I just wanted to put that on here so you wouldnt get confused! lol

Ally and I was bringing a grey table threw the halls.

"Hello People? Do you not see us coming through with a huge Table that could HURT you!" Ally yelled at people. They seemed to not even see us!

Ally was getting Angry! And when Ally's Angry, who knows whats going to happen!

"GET OUT OF OUR WAY!!!!" Ally yelled at the top of her lungs. That got peoples attention! They moved towards the side of walls, by the lockers, and walked.

"Jeez, these people only listen when your basically screaming in there EARS!" Ally said annoyed. A couple of people were looking at her with a Hurt face.

"She means Thank you!" I assured them.
"Ya right!" Ally said under her breath.
Ally and I went into Center Court and put the table we were holding up againts the wall.

I took a big blue banner out of my backpack and hung the banner on the table, where everyone could see it when they walked by.

I took a step back and looked at the banner, to see if it wasnt crooked.
On the banner it said:

Sign ups for the Winter Dance Committee





I went over to the other side of the table and took out the sign up sheets out of my bag.


I put them on the table and then put a blue ink pen by it.


Ally was already sitting down in one of the chairs I had sat out, So I went and sat in the other one.


"Okay so now we just have to wait" I told her. Ally nodded. Ally wasnt really into this whole dance thing or being part of the committee. She was probally just doing this for me. I tried and tried to ask her why she didnt like the idea of a winter dance but she wouldnt tell me!





I looked at all the people passing by us, Not even looking at us!


I smiled when some girls and a guy spotted us. They walked over to us.


"Hi! Would you like to sign up for the decorating committee for the Winter Dance?" I said happily. The girls looked at eachother and nodded.


"Yes!" a red headed girl said and took the pen off the table and signed her name. Rena Willson she had wrote.


Rena gave the pen to the boy standing by her. "Please sign up?" Rena said to the boy.


"No! I'm not going to sign up for some Girly decorating thing!" The boy said.


Rena gave him a sad face.


"Actually, It isnt just for girls! You could help us with Decorating!" I tried to persuade.

The boy gave me a look like Do-you-think-i'm-falling-for-this!

"Turst me, We need some strong boys to help us put the Decorations up!" I tried to get him to sign up by saying Strong boys.

He looked at me then at hi sister, then at the sign up sheets.

"Please Mike! Do it for your big sister!" Rena told him. They must be Brother and sister, that would explain how they look so much alike!

Mike took the pen from his sister and wrote down his name for the sign ups. Mike Willson he wrote.

Some of Rena's friends signed up too.

"So when do we meet up?" Rena asked.

"We meet tomorrow! The dance is on Sunday, December 12th so we need to put up the Decorations tomorrow" Ally told them.

"But dont worry! We have all the decorations already!" I assured them.

"So is this Dance like a Dress nice type of Dance or is it a any type of clothes dance?" One of the girls named Carrie asked.

"Well it would be awesome if you could Dress nice! But if your not able to get a Tux or Dress then you can dress in whatever you like. But by whatever you like I DONT mean sweat pants and nasty Greased up shirts!" I told them and Ally. They nodded.

"Alright! Well we'll see you tomorrow!" Rena said as they wlaked away.



A couple of people had signed up after that.

I looked into the crowd. I saw a Blue eyed and Browned haired boy in the crowd talking to aother boy. It was Jeff!

I tried to get his attention. When he noticed me he waved at me and I waved back. He walked over to where I was.

"Whats this for?" Jeff asked.

"Its for the Winter Dance!" I said excited.

"Woohoo!" Ally said Sarcasticly. Jeff smiled.

"You want to help us decoate for it?" I asked as I held out the pen.

"Umm...Not really" Jeff told me.

"Why?" I said sadly.

"Well..Because I'm really not into decorating stuff." He told me.

"But we could really use you! You could help us with hanging up the decorations! We only have 2 boys! We need you!" I said with a puppy dog face.
"That puppy face isnt going to work on me!" Jeff told me.
"Fine then!" I said as I rolled my eye's. I tried to act like I was mad at him, if he knew I was mad at him he would do it!
"Aww! Dont be mad at me!" Jeff said. I ignored him.
"Alright! I'll help!" Jeff told me. I jumped out of my seat and hugged him.
"You tricked me didnt you!" Jeff said laughing.
"Yup!" I told him.
"And you already said you would help so you cant say your not now!" I smiled. Jeff nodded and kissed my head.
"I got to go. I'll call you later" Jeff told me and hugged me. I told him Bye and so did Ally.

"Becca!" Chrissa yelled from down the hall. She grabbed Sonali, Prudence, Julia, and Callie's arms and ran down the hall, with them behind her.
"We want to sign up for The Winter Dance Committee!" Chrissa and Sonali said together.
"All of us?" Callie said.
"Yes! This will be fun!" Chrissa told her sisters.
"We'll sign up!" Prudence and Julia said.
"Is Julie going to help?" Julia asked happily.
"Yes! And so will Elizabeth" I told her. Prudence and Julia smiled.
"You can sign up but I'm not!" Callie told us.
"Come on Callie! Please! We could use your help!" I told her.
"Really? It doesnt look like it with all the signatures on this paper." Callie said pointing to the sign up sheet that Chrissa was signing there names down on.
"Pleaseee!" Chrissa said in a baby voice.
"Okay! If you just stop talking in that annoying baby voice" Callie said. Everyone smiled.
"Yay!" Chrissa said and signed Callie's name on the sign up sheet.
"When do we start?" Sonali asked.
"Unfortunately, We start tomorrow" Ally said not really thrilled. I elbowed her in ribbs.
"Oh sorry! Yay! We start tomorrow! I'm so excited" Ally said in a fake thrilled voice. I ignored her.
"Yep! We'll all meet in the gym, thats where there having the Winter Dance" I told them.
"In the gym! Isnt it going to be all nasty and smelly" Julia said.
"Well it is now, but after we take care of it it will smell good! Like Flowers!" I said putting a mental note into my mind to get Flower smelling cleaner.
"Okay! We'll see you tomorrow!" Prudence said as they walked away.

"Well alot of people signed up!" I told Ally.
"Ya! Alot then I expected!" Ally said.
"Oh be quiet!" I said joking around.
We gathered all our stuff up and went home.


On Sarurday we all met together and started decoating.

"Okay thank you all for showing up!" I anounced.
I looked at everyone. We had about 14 people. They were:
Jeff, Elizabeth, Julie, Ally, Jake (Lizzie made him come), Andrew (Julie made him come, but he seemed happy to), Chrissa, Prudence, Julia, Sonali, Callie, Rena Willson, and Mike Willson.

Everyone looked at me with a tired expression. It was 7:30 in the morning, we had to get up early to get all the decorations done! I had to say though I was tired too!

"Sorry I had to egt you up soo early! But we need to get these Decorations done before 4:00p.m." I told them.
"Why do we need to get it done by 4:00" Prudence yawned.
"Well the Principal said we only are able to stay at school until 4:00 Because there closing at 4:00" I said. They all nodded.

"Okay! Now lets get started. Hopefully you all had a good Breakfast cause we'll need to be very active to get this done! We will have a break for Lunch and a snack break" I anounced.
"Alright! I have assigned you to a certain thing.
Jake, Mike, and Jeff your going to help us with lifting the heavy things
Sonali since your so good at making things I want you to make little snow flakes to hang on the walls, Here's some paper and heres some Sparkly glitter that you can put on them
Callie and Prudence I want you to make fake Snow with this snow making Machine (pointing to Machine)
Chrissa, I want you to Hang the things that Sonali makes
Ally, I want you to pick the Music selections
Julie, Elizabeth and Julia I want you to check the strobe Lights to see if they work and also check the amps while your back there
and Rena I want you to clean the Tables as the boys walk in with them and I would like for you to use this Febreze to get this stench out of here. Okay when your all done come to me and I will tell you what to do next. Oh and Come to me if you need anything too" I told all of them, looking at my clipboard.

I clapped my hands and they all got to work.

"Where do you want this Table?" Jeff asked me as Him, Mike, and Jake walked in the door with a grey table.
"Umm..How about over there" I said pointing to a corner where the Beverages and food was going to be. Jeff nodded and brought it over there.

"Hey Sonali how are you doing with the Snow Flakes?" I asked Sonali.
"Good! Almost done! I only have 5 more snow flakes to go!" Sonali said smiling. I gave her the thumbs up and told her she was doing good.

"Hey Elizabeth how are you guys doing?" I asked Elizabeth.
"Were doing fine! We found that One of the lights were broken so I'm fixing it" Elizabeth said as Julie gave her a screwdriver. Elizabeth was good at fixing things and she was good at using Electronics.
"Were the Music Amps and the Microphone working?" I asked. The whole Glee club was going to sing some christmas songs at The Winter Dance.
Elizabeth smiled and said "Ya! The Amp was perfect and so was the Microphone."
"Okay! Thats all I wnated to know. Oh and dont Electorcute yourself!" I told Elizabeth and she laughed.

"Prudence hows the snow coming?" I asked Prudence.
"Umm..Good I guess. When did you get this Machine?" Prudence asked me.
"I didnt get this Machine, Mrs. Migliori had it from the last Winter Dance they had. It was in the Schools Basement" I told her.
"Well that Explains it. The last time we had a Winter Dance was 3 years ago! This thing is so Dusty and it keeps stopping and then the now gets Clogged in it" Callie said kicking the Snow Machine when it started making this Crackling noise.
That seemed to just make it Crackle even more!
Prudence, Callie, and I all looked at eachother.
Then Suddenly BOOM! The Machine started shooting balls of fake snow out of it! Hitting us right in the Face! We fell to the ground and tried to get back up but everytime we tried to the snow would just hit us again making us fall back down.
The snow did not feel soft when it hit us either! It felt hard and it stung when it hit our skin. It Probally hurt because it was coming at us at full speed.
"Ahhh!" Prudence, Callie, and I yelled.
Everyone just looked at us.
"Dont just look at us like were dumb! Come help us!" I yelled.
Everyone ran towards us except for Chrissa because she was up on a ladder hanging the Snow flaked off the roof. But she tried to get down the ladder as fast as she could without slipping.
"How do you turn this thing off!?" Elizabeth yelled.
"Turn the Red switch!" Prudence told her.
"There is no Red switch" Elizabeth yelled back.
"Oh! Ya it broke" I said.
"Look thats where its plugged in the wall at!" Jeff yelled as he ran over to the wall and pulled the plus out of the wall socket.
The fake snow suddenly stopped.
Everyone helped Prudence, Callie, and I up.
"Wow! Looks like we have enough snow!" I laughed as I looked around the Cafeteria. There was fake snow everywhere! Everyone laughed.
"Ya. You look like a snow Princess" Jeff said as he took peices of Fake snow out of my hair. I laughed.


"It looks Wonderful!" I told Everyone. We all cheered and clapped cause we were done decorating. Everyone was so tired! I could see it in there eye's.
"And everything went so smoothly. Well except for the whole Fake snow thing, But we do have alot of Fake snow now!" I said. We all laughed.
"I want to thank you all for coming heer and helping me Decorate! Without you I would be here all alone doing this, and I would probally never get done!" I thanked them.
"Your welcome!" Everyone said.
"It was fun!" Prudence yelled.
"I know everyone will love it tomorrow. So you can all go home now! Hope to see you tomorrow!" I said.

I had to go to Mrs. Migliori and tell her we were done and she can leave now. I also had to tell her that her Snow Machine was Broken. When I told her what had happened she had laughed.

I will Post tomorrow about the Real Winter Dance!

~Becca

2 comments:

  1. oooooh dancey xDDDD

    I Hope you have a blast Becca!

    *Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah have a great time! "And bring Ur good times, and Ur laughter 2, we gonna celebrate Ur party with U. celebrate good times COME ON!"


    LOLOLOLOLOLOOOOL

    ReplyDelete