Wednesday, April 6, 2011

(B)rain Storming

I trudged through the watery sidewalks by my house.
Its been raining ALOT where I live.
I felt...sad.
Glum.

Definately NOT the way I usually feel! And I didnt like this feeling.

Ever since Julie left, I've felt this way.
Julie was my first sister, the girl I shared secrets with (and still do) before Elizabeth arrived in our lives.

I saw a Blonde haired girl jumping in the rain puddles.
She was doing exactly what Julie use to do when it rained. I gasped.
Could it be?
JULIE!

I ran over to the girl.
"Julie! Julie!" I waved my arms around.
I grabbed the girl and hugged her tight.
"Oh Julie!" I smiled.
"Um..Excuse me? Do I know you?" The "supposebly" Julie said.
"Well duh you know..." I looked at her and stopped talking.

The girl wasnt Julie.
She looked NOTHING like Julie! The only thing they had in common was the Blonde hair!

Now, you had to admit that I was pretty far away from the girl when I saw her jumping in the puddles.
So I couldnt see her face clearly.
And Yes, maybe I shouldnt have gotten my hopes up to quickly.

"Oh sorry, Wrong person" I frowned and stuffed my hands in my jean pockets.
Then I walked away from her.

What had I been thinking!? Julie wasnt coming back.
She's having a great time with her REAL Family.
She probally didnt even think of Elizabeth and Me.
Or her friends here! She probally has already made NEW friends!

NO! I stopped myself from walking, and from thinking of those bad things.
Julie did think of us! She did!


I had to think of something.
I'm not going to let these two (Julies dad and Mom) people just take Julie away from us so quickly!

It started to rain alittle.
And I smiled to myself when I got a brilliant idea!

I ran home, getting soaked from the rain as I did.
I tore open my front door and slammed it shut once I got in.

"Rebecca! Your going to get sick, Promise me you wont go out in the rain again!" Elizabeth gave me a towel. I wiped my face with the Towel.

"Were going to go get Julie back!" I smiled at Elizabeth.
All Elizabeth did was smile at me.

~Rebecca

3 comments:

  1. :) I am sure you'll get her back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm SURE you'll get Julie back! Oh, and FYI, Julie DOES miss you guys! She says so on her blog, and she also HATES her new school! :)

    ~Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah she totally does!!!! i mean, U guys R her REAL family,,, sooo..... she will come back eventually

    ReplyDelete