Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tryouts and new enemies!

I walked past the Schools Bulleten Board that was by the Front Office.

"Ehmagawd!" I screamed, I was mimiking how the girls in the movie and books Clique says oh my god!
"What?" Becca asked me as she burshed her hair with her fingers.
"There's Cheerleading Tryouts today!" I beamed.
"So?" Becca said comfused.
"So..I'm going to tryout! Oh and guess who's trying out with me!" I said.
"Who?" Becca asked as she tried to find her cell phone in her backpack.
"YOU!" I anounced. Becca stopped going through her backpack and looked at me.
"What? I never said I would!" Becca stated.
"Okay maybe you didnt BUT It would be FUN! And it would be ever MORE fun if we could do it TOGETHER! Please!" I persuaded.
"Nooo!" Becca said slowly.
"WHY! All you have to do is tryout! And they'll either pick you or not! PLEASE!" I explained.
"I already gave you an answer. And thats NO!" Becca laughed.
I gave her the pouty face (Most known has the puppy face!)
"Dont look at me with that Puppy Dog face!" Becca said.
"PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!" I begged.
"Rebecca, I already told you no!" Becca anounced.
"FINE THEN!" I pouted and walked over to my Locker.

"Come one! Dont be mad! You can always try out without me!" Becca said shaking my shoulders.
"Yeah but it wouldnt be fun if you werent in it!" I explained.
"No It would only be FUNNY to everyone thats watching!" Becca laughed.
"NO!" I rolled my eye's.
"YES! Your the dancer! Your the one who takes Dance lessons! You know how to do all those flips and crap!" Becca explained.
"That is true! BUT your the rising STAR! You need to show everyone that!" I told her.
"Yes I'am a rising star! BUT not is Dancing! It's more of Acting!" Becca laughed.
I rolled my eye's and got my books out of my locker.

"Okay FINE! I'll tryout! BUT that doesnt mean I'm going to become a Cheerleader!" Becca sighed.
"EEEPP!" I squealed and hugged Becca.
"Come one! Lets go sign up!" I said and grapped Becca's arm and dragged her over to the sign up sheet.

"Alright! I'll just grab this pen and sign up my name!" I laughed and grabbed the pen.
I wrote, Rebecca Rae Rubin, on the Cheerleading sign up sheet.
I gave Becca the pen and smiled at her. She just rolled her eye's BUT I could see a slight smile on her face!
She wrote (BIG) Becca Rayna Rubin in Cursive on the Sign up sheet.

"Wow! Thats some big writing you have there! And Fancy!" I laughed.
"Well Of course! When I get older and I became and Actress I'll have to sign audographs ALL THE TIME! And this is what Signature will be like!" Becca prudly said. I laughed.
"WERE CHEERLEADERS GIRL!" I screamed.
"Not yet!" Becca laughed. I shrugged my shoulders.


-End of the school day-
I looked through my locker, trying to find some good gym clothes.
I wanted ones that said "I want this! I will become a Cheerleader!"
I finally found some and ran to the girls bathroom to put them on.
I found Becca in there, she was putting her hair up in a ponytail. She had already put her Gym clothes on. Which were Yellow shorts and a white and Yellow t-shirt.

I walked into a stall and changed into my Gym clothes. I put on a White and dark Green AGPPA T-shirt, which had a Bulldog on it (Cause AGPPA's mascot is BULLDOGS!) And I put on Dark Green shorts.
I went over to the mirror and pulled my hair up in a ponytail.

"Ready?" I asked Becca.
"Yep!" Becca said and we walked out of the bathroom and went to the Football field (which was were the Cheerleading tryouts were at!)
We saw 2 Cheerleaders from last year in the Field doing flips.
"Omg! This is so cool! Just think every Saturday night we'll be those Cheerleaders!" I smiled.
"If we dont fail at the Tryouts!" Becca snorted. I looked at her.
"Thats a GREAT way to look at things!" I said sarcastically. Becca just shrugged.

I saw the Football team practicing for there big game on Saturday.
I saw Jeff and I waved at him. He smiled at me and ran up to Becc and me.

"What are you doing here for?" He asked. He was all sweaty, BUT he still looked Cute even with all the sweat!
"Becca and I are trying out for Cheerleading!" I told him proudly.
"Really! Thats so cool! Now you'll be able to cheer me on. And you wont have to do it from the Stands!" Jeff laughed.
"EXACTLY!" I told him.
"JEFF! Get over here!" Coach John screamed. Coach John was the Football coach here at AGPPA.
"I better get going before Coach goes Insane! Bye Becca." Jeff told Becca.
"Love you Rebecca!" Jeff said to me and kissed my cheek. I smiled at him and waved to him as he walked away.
3 girls that were trying out for Cheerleading were staring at Me with there mouths open.

"Can I help you?" I asked annoyed.
"No! It's just strange how he LOVES you!" This girl with curly light blonde hair said.
"And why is that?" I asked.
"Because he's so HOT! And your so....well..how do I put this...NOT!" The girl snorted and her other 2 friends laughed.
I knew right then, that I was going to have a problem with THEM!
"What are you talking about Shirley Temple!" Becca said getting in front of me. I had to admit, the girl did have hair like Shirley temple!
"Oh so her little twinie going to get into this now!" The girls friend with staright brown hair laughed.
Becca was getting ready to say something but I stopped her.
"Dont waste your breath on these...Oh how do I put it...FREAKS!" I said mimicking the girl.
They just flipped there hair and ignored me.

"Alright! Everybody take a seat on the benches! Were getting ready to start!" Mrs. Hall said.
Everyone took a seat.

"Well Hi! I'm Mrs. Hall! I will be the cheerleading coach! Lots of you should know me as your P.E. teacher!" Mrs. Hall said. Mrs. Hall was the 7th grade P.E. teacher and Coach John was the 8th Grade P.E. teacher (Also the Football coach!)

"When I call your name I want you to come up to where I'm standing and state your name, Grade, Age, and what you love to do! That helps me get to know you all just a little better! And after you state that can do flips or whatever I ask you to do! Any Questions?" Mrs. Hall explained.
One hand flew up. It was the MEAN Shirley Temple girl!
"Yes, Layla?" Mrs. Hall asked her. Her names Layla.
"Well Kiara, Brianna, and I were wondering how many people are you going to pick for the team?" Layla asked. Kiara was the Curly Black haired one and Brianna was the Straight bornw haired girl who talked to Becca!

"Well I have to have at least 11 or more! And there seems there's about 25 of you! WOW! But like I said 11 people of more. BUT 15 people maximum!" Mrs. Hall explained. Everyone nodded.
"Alright lets get started!" Mrs. Hall said looking at her clipboard.

A girl named Shila went first, A girl named Lily went second, Kendle went third, Jessica went fourth, NATY MEAN CASEY WENT FIFTH (Elizabeth and her had a SERIOUS fight!), Angelica went firth, then Carol, Then Catey, Then Cathy, Then Kendra, Then Maxie, Then Barbra, Then Tiffany, Then Cat (yep thats her name!), Then a boy named Billy (Yep a BOY!), A boy named Kurt, A boy named Mikie, Then Maddaline, Then Courtney, Then Dianna.

Then Kiara went.
"Hi! I'm Kiara Larson, I'm in 7th Grade, and I'm 13 years old Almost 14! And I LOVE to go to the Mall, Listen to Music, and Cheer!" Kiara explained.
"Alright how about you do a flip for me?" Mrs. Hall asked.
Kiara did a Flip. It was kinda a little sloppy but whatever.
She then did a split, and more.
"Alright thank you Kiara! Brianna your next!" Mrs. Hall smiled.

"Hi I'm Brianna Thompson! And I'm in 7th grade, I'm 13 years old. I love to Cheer!" Brianna told us.
She then did a backbend, A back flip, a front flip, and a split.
"Thank you! Layla your next!" Mrs. Halls anounced.

"Hi! I'm Layla Bynes! I'm in 7th grade and I just turned 14 years old! I LOVE to CHEER and make my Teachers HAPPY!" Layla beamed and smiled at Mrs. Halls. SUCK UP!
"Okay. Do some tricks for us!" Mrs. Halls laughed.
Layla then did a backflip, frontflip, cartwheel, and a handstand!
"Good! Your very Flexible Layla!" Mrs. Halls smiled. Layla looked pleased and smiled at me evily. What did I do to make her hate ME?

"Okey dokey! Becca Rubin your next!" Mrs. Halls anounced. Becca looked at me with desperation.
"You'll do Great! Go get em Tiger!" I assured her and she walked nervously to where mrs. Halls was standing.

"Hi I'm Becca Rubin! I'm in 7th grade and I'm 13 years old! I love to Act! And honestly I'm not much of a cheerleader! So dont laugh!" Becca warned everyone. I gave her the thumbs up.
"Oh we wont laugh at you sweetie! Can you do some flips and stuff for us?" Mrs. Hall asked and becca nodded weakly.

She then did a Carwheel, Frontflip, a Hand stand, and a split.
I cheered her one.
"WOOHOO! GO BECCA!" I screamed.
"GREAT job Becca! And you thought we were going to LAUGH at you! Psh!" Mrs. Hall smiled.
"Alright Rebecca! Your next!" Mrs. Hall anounced.

"You did AWESOME!" I told Becca as she came back to her seat next to me. I stood up and walked past Layla to get to Mrs. Hall.
"Break a leg! Literally!" Layla smiled evilly.
"Where'd you get your insults? Ooh I know! My GRANDMA!" I hissed. Brianna and Kiara chuckled. But then Layla then a look and they shutted up. Layla just flipped her hair and ignored me.
I then promised myself that I was going to do BETTER then what Layla did for her tryouts! I smiled as I thought that thought

"Hi! I'm Rebecca Rubin! I'm in 7th Grade and I just recently turned 13 years old! I LOVE to DANCE!" I anounced.
"Oh so this should be EASY for you!" Mrs. Hall told me. I shrugged.
"Well show us what you got!" Mrs. Hall laughed.
I remembered my Promise to myself and I think I fullfilled it!

I did TWO backflips in a row, TWO front flips in a row, A backbend, A split, Then I jumped in the air and landed in a splt, I did a hand stand and walked when I did BUT with ONE hand!

When I stood back up on my feet I looked into the crowd of people that was trying out. They all had there mouths open and were starring at me shocked. EVEN Layla, Kiara, and Brianna. When I looked at them they closed there mouths and rolled there eye's though.
"WOW! Your skilled!" Mrs. Hall said shocked.
"THANKS!" I smiled and ran back to where Becca was sitting.

"GO REBECCA!" I heard someone say far away. I looked around, it was JEFF! He had been watching me tryout. I smiled and waved at him. He blew me a kiss and I blew him a kiss back.

I looked around and I saw Layla starring at me with squinted eye's! WHATS HER PROBLEM!?

"Okay you all did VERY GOOD! If you dont make it into the cheerleading time I dont want you to think that you were BAD! Because none of you were! It's just that I have to pick certain people! Its sucks but I have to." Mrs. Hall anounced. Everyone nodded.
"The people who are on the Cheerleading team will be on a peice of paper that will be on the Bulliten Board by the Front Office! You are all dismissed!" Mrs. Hall said and everyone got up and started walking away.

I HOPE BECCA AND ME MAKE THE CHEERLEADING TEAM!!

~Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. GOOOD LUCK REBECCA <3

    You&Becca wil make the cheerleading team, no worries!!

    **Prudence..**

    ReplyDelete