Friday, July 8, 2011

Somebody Pinch me!

Today, I got a very AWESOME phone call! Oh and I might be changing my blog name to something Like "Through the eyes of Rebecca Rae Rubin"...Or something like that(: I just thought I would give Ya'll a heads up! XD
________________________________________

"Wake up Sleepy head!" I heard Elizabeths sweet voice laugh and then suddenly a pillow slapped my voice.
"Elizabeth! I'm gonna kill you!" I laughed and got up real quick and ran after Elizabeth.

I chased after her, we ran through every room. Elizabeth could run FAST! I on the the other hand was a pretty slow runner! (No wonder I failed P.E.!) And then Elizabeth started running down the stairs. I followed her.
By the time we were done I was Panting, Elizabeth looked like she hadnt been running at all!

"You'd think you would be a little bit more athletic, you know since you go to dance practice like Every day!" Elizabeth teased me, and took a water bottle out of the fridge.
"Shut up!" I panted and tried to snatch the water out of her hands.

But Elizabeth wasnt going to let me have it! So for about 5 minutes I was trying to get the Water Bottle!
This was just and average morning for us.

Then the phone started ringing.
"Girls! BE QUIET!" Julie hissed before she answered the phone.
Elizabeth and I looked at eachother and snickered.

"Hello?" I heard Julie say.
Then Julie looked at me and gave me the phone.

"Um..Hello?" I said.
"Is this Miss Rebecca Rae Rubin?" A women on the phone asked me.
"Yes this is her.." I said slowly.
"Oh how wonderful! Hi, I'm Ashley Monroe. I'm a Broadway Agent. Mr. Ryan Halls, the broadway producer, called me and said you were going to be the next Broadway star!" Ashley Monroe anounced.

My jaw dropped! Broadway Agent? Broadway Producer? BROADWAY STAR?

"Is this a Joke? or a Prank or something?" I asked, I couldnt believe what my ears were hearing!
"No ma'me, this is no Joke! Remember that west side story play you were in at your school! Well, your school was video taping the whole thing. And lots of Broadway producers saw your skills! You were fantastic!" Ashley Monroe explained.

My eyes got big! Lots of Broadway producers saw my skills! And thought I was FANTASTIC!

"Thank you! Thank you!" I said over and over again. Is this really happening to me? I tried pinching myself, I didnt wake up.

"So I heard you have a relative that lives in New York?" Ashley asked me.
"Yes! My aunt, Lucy Rubin! And my Grandma, Sherley Rubin!" I told her. My whole Family use to live in New York but they decided to move to North Carolina (which is where my dads family lives). But thats Alright, Because my Grandma Sherley is the most sweetest lady in the world. And my Aunt Lucy is a Crazy woman and makes everything FUN! (thats why she's my fav. aunt!)

"Great! So how fast can you get to New York?" Ashley asked.
"NEW YORK?" I gasped.
"Yes, well actually New York City.." I could sense that Ashley was smiling.
"Um..well I cant just get up and Leave, I have 2 sisters. And that wouldnt be fair to them. Hmmm...How about in a week?" I pinched myself again, I still didnt wake up...

"Okay thats fine. Howa bout we book your plane for the 18th of July? Which will give you 10 days say pack up and say your goodbyes" I could hear Ashley typing stuff on her computer.

"Goodbyes? What do you mean about Goodbyes?" I wondered.
"Well you would have to move to New York with either your aunt or Grandma of course! It would actually be nice if you could live somewhere in New York City. Close to Broadway would be even nicer.." Ashley anounced, and I frowned.

"Move there?" I said slowly.
"Yes, you cant come back and forth from Florida to New York everyday! And Plus you'll probably start acting in Broadway plays right away, everyday!" Ashley explained to me.
"Um..Hold on." I told her and put the phone down, and looked at Julie and Elizabeth.

"Who is that?" Julie asked.
"A..Um..Broadway Agent. She says that I could be the next Broadway star!" I smiled.
"BROADWAY STAR!!! omg!" Elizabeth shouted.
"Yeah but theres one problem, I would have to move to New York.." I looked down at my Coach Sandals.

"Rebecca Rae Rubin!" Julie snapped.
"What?" I asked.
"I cant believe you are second guessing if you want to do this! Like Honestly, if this is what you want to do, then do it! This is your dream! And you have the chance to live your dream, this chance might never come again! So what if you have to move to New York, we'll come and visit you! Please dont hold back on your dream just because of us!" Julie walked over to me, hugged me, and said this.

Elizabeth walked over to me, hugged me, and agreed with everything that Julie said.

I breathed in and then I breathed out.
I picked up the phone and said....

"I'm IN!"


~Rebecca~

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! :D YOU'RE A BROADWAY STAR!!! :D Well, as of July 18th, that is... :D

    ~Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool! that is in 2 days from now...
    COOL!

    ReplyDelete