Monday, August 22, 2011

Horror Weekend (Part 3)

-PART 3 OF HORROR WEEKEND! Sorry its late! :(-

I walked slowly upstairs. With each step I took, I got closer and closer to that room that my mom ran into after I told her off.
I got an image in my mind of me telling her off and her running upstairs with tear stained eyes.

Once I got to the door, I knocked on it lightly. I heard my mom crying.
I knocked on the door again and said "Mom, can I come in, Please?". I didn't hear a yes or a no, so I decided to go in anyways.
I opened the door slowly and walked in "Mom, can we talk?". I felt like a mom trying to talk to her daughter..

"I thought I wasn't considered your mom?" She snapped, and wiped her eyes with the back of her hand
"That was just the adrenaline talking, I shouldn't have said that" I got a tissue from the side table and handed it to her. I sat down on the bed, right next to her.
"Mom, I wanted to say I was sorry..I shouldn't have said all that to you." I looked down at my feet.

My mom looked at me and said "Why do you hate me so much?"
I wanted to say "WHERE SHOULD I BEGIN?" But I decided to be a little nicer.

"Well when I was little you ALWAYS took away everything I did, and you ALWAYS put my brothers before me!" I told her. "What do you mean?" She said.
"Well, once when I got an award for best Fairy in the Fairy Princess play in Kindergarten, You put it on the fridge. But then when Timmy got home and had a drawling he made of a truck, you took off my award and put the drawing on the fridge! That's wrong!" I explained to her. I wiped my eyes with a tissue, since I found myself crying like my mom.

"Sweetie! He's your little brother, him drawing a truck is a big deal to him!" My mom tried to tell me.
"No! Well yes, I know. AND GETTING AN AWARD IS IMPORTANT FOR ME! Ugh, anyways you should have put the drawing of his truck AND my award on the fridge!!!" I cried. My mom put her arm around me and hugged me.
"And that't not the only time you put my brothers before me..." I sighed.
"Tell me.." My mom cried.
"Well like when I left home, you didn't even TRY to get me back!" I sniffled.

My mom stopped hugging me and looked into my eyes.
"You don't think I tried to get you back?! TRUST ME, I did! I tried and tried but they kept telling me no. I'am still trying, but somehow I did know that you were never coming back. That's why when I found out about you living with your aunt, I rushed right over here as soon as I could. Because I wanted to make it right between us!" My mom explained and held my shoulders.

"Really?" I looked at her with tears in my eyes.
"Yes really, my Becky bug" She smiled.
"Becky Bug! I remember when you use to call me that.." I laughed.

"So is everything okay between us?" My mom asked with her fingers crossed.
"I don't know...." I sighed.


"WHAT!!!" My mom frowned.
"Just kidding! YES! Everything is good between us!" I laughed.
"You were always a good actress" My mom smiled big and then hugged me tightly.
I hugged her tightly, I sniffed the cinnamon smell that remember she always smelled like.
This feels.....like home...


~Rebecca~


1 comment:

  1. Awww, good for U! and Ur mom! HURRAY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete